Akura Retro Phono n BT Player AITVS550 BTRB

Need help with a project? Trying to find a component? Post any general technical questions here.
spike1947

Akura Retro Phono n BT Player AITVS550 BTRB

Post by spike1947 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi have been given a couple of Akura Retro Phono n BT Players and of course they don't work, where do I start to test voltages etc on it, getting 5vdc out of transformer and to the board, the battery is giving out 3.7vdc , don't realy know where to test for any voltages , tried to find a schematic etc for it, but no luck up to now.

On one of them the charging light comes on and a blue ( bluetooth ) led comes on then blinks and I can connect my phone to it, but then after a short time it goes off and only the charging light remains on, but no activity with the turntable motor activating !.
on the other one no lights come on .

IC's as in order left to right as per pic uploaded:
1st: top 28pin, BK3254SS28B
2nd: top 8pin, HT135T
1st: bottom 6pin, B6286T
2nd: bottom 16pin, YD3412

Exectly the same has these
https://vinylrestart.com/victrola-vs-cr ... omparison/

Spike
Attachments
IMG_2131a.jpg
IMG_2130.JPG

spike1947

Re: Akura Retro Phono n BT Player AITVS550 BTRB

Post by spike1947 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:17 am

New
Found the same burnt out chip on both boards .
4054, Standalone Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation in ThinSOT

spike
Attachments
IC 4054  Standalone Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation in ThinSOT.JPG

David

Re: Akura Retro Phono n BT Player AITVS550 BTRB

Post by David » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 am

Hello.

This is a very difficult job to do, especially if you are not aquainted with dealing with SMDs (Surface Mounted Devices). SMDs are close together on a board, and often very difficult to replace. A schematic is absoutely essential if you are going down to board level, or if you cannot ascertain the value of a faulty component.

You may well have reached the state of "mend it with a new one". Try to find a working board on EBay or similar - that should be cheaper in the long run if you find yourself working for a long time with no results!

Sorry to be a bit of a doubter here.

ATB