Simple Q - Which Logic IC?

Need help with a project? Trying to find a component? Post any general technical questions here.
Jas_The_Ace

Simple Q - Which Logic IC?

Post by Jas_The_Ace » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am

My electronics knowledge is very rusty - there's probably a simple answer like a flipflop and a -ve edge triggered gate...

I'm trying to control a computer keyboard with my feet (i play the guitar u see)
I tried taking my sock off and using my big toe.
The smell was OK... but I kept missing the keys
So I canibalised a keyboard, I took the keyboard controller circuitboard out and found the pins to connect to send the keycodes I needed. I built it into a toddler's choo-choo sound and light toy, so I can stamp on the driver's head and send an <ENTER> keystroke to the compooter
It all works great - but I need to send a series of keystrokes - like <Enter><Down><Enter> with one stomp on the choo choo funnel. So which ICs do I use?

I'm sure it's a really simple answer but as I said, my knowledge is very rusty.

Thanks,
Jason

Biffo

Re: Simple Q - Which Logic IC?

Post by Biffo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:16 pm

surely this is a muchanical rather than electrical problem? as the easiest way is not to open up a keyboard at all, but build a foot pedal lever mechanism that will sit on top of the keyboard,that will tap the certain keyboard keys at one end and have a foot rests at the other end -rather like organ footpedals.

Jas_The_Ace

Re: Simple Q - Which Logic IC?

Post by Jas_The_Ace » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 am

Thanks Biffa,

I tried that and it worked great, but I couldn't work out a way of sending a sequence of keystrokes, Perhaps there's a mechanical switch that does this. Any ideas anyone?

Last bumped by Jas_The_Ace on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 am.