- Resistor colour code calculator
- LED series resistor calculator
- Series / parallel resistor calculator
- Capacitance unit converter
- Charge / Energy calculator
- Capacitor code calculator
- Series / parallel capacitor calculator
- Convert colour code to inductance
- Convert inductance to colour code
- Ohm Law calculator
- Potential Divider calculator
- Wheatstone Bridge calculator
- Power (wattage) calculator
- Reactance calculator
- Technical Data
- Beginners Guide
Resistor Colour Code CalculatorThis calculator converts resistor values to or from 5-band or 4-band colour codes.
To convert from value to colours:Select the resistor type (4 or 5 bands) using the radio buttons. Type the resistance in the box below and select the units and (optionally) the tolerance from the drop-down boxes. The colour bands will be displayed below on the image of the resistor.
To convert from colours to value:Select the resistor type (4 or 5 bands) using the radio buttons. Hover the mouse over the coloured bands on the image of the resistor to display the colour selector box, then click on the required colour. Repeat for all bands (tolerance is optional). The resistance will be shown in the box above the image, along with the units and tolerance.
Preferred resistor values:Converting a value either way will display the nearest preferred resistor value below the image of the resistor. Use the radio buttons below the image to select the series of preferred values to use (E12 - E192).
If you found this calculator useful why not download Electronics Assistant?
- All the online calculators and more in a stand-alone application
- Converts Resistor & Inductor colour codes, calculates LED series resistors, capacitance units, series / parallel resistors & capacitors, frequency, reactance & more
- Calculation of nearest preferred resistor values with a choice of 5 series from E12 to E192
- Print & save calculation results