- Resistor colour code calculator
- LED series resistor calculator
- Series / parallel resistor calculator
- Capacitance unit converter
- Charge / Energy calculator
- Capacitor code calculator
- Series / parallel capacitor calculator
- Convert colour code to inductance
- Convert inductance to colour code
- Ohm Law calculator
- Potential Divider calculator
- Wheatstone Bridge calculator
- Power (wattage) calculator
- Reactance calculator
- Technical Data
- Beginners Guide
The Root Mean Square (R.M.S) value of a voltage or current is:
VRMS = VP / Ö2 and IRMS = IP / Ö2
where VRMS and IRMS are the R.M.S. values, and VP and IP are the peak values.
Ö2 » 1.414
Similarly, multiply R.M.S. by Ö2 to get the peak value.
Values quoted are R.M.S. unless otherwise stated - normally the R.M.S. subscript is left off.
E.g. 240V A.C. mains has a peak value of 240 X Ö2 = 340V peak.