- Resistor colour code calculator
- LED series resistor calculator
- Series / parallel resistor calculator
- Capacitance unit converter
- Charge / Energy calculator
- Capacitor code calculator
- Series / parallel capacitor calculator
- Convert colour code to inductance
- Convert inductance to colour code
- Ohm Law calculator
- Potential Divider calculator
- Wheatstone Bridge calculator
- Power (wattage) calculator
- Reactance calculator
- Technical Data
- Beginners Guide
Series / Parallel Resistor Calculator
The first two calculators below calculate series or parallel combinations of resistors. Enter the resistor value and press 'Add to Total'. Repeat until all resistors have been entered. Press 'Clear Total' to start a new calculation. The third calculator will find a resistor value to place in parallel with a given resistor value to produce a specified total. Preferred resistor values are also calculated, use the radio buttons on each calculator to select the preferred value series to use.
Resistors in Series - Calculate Total:
Resistors in Parallel - Calculate Total:
2 Resistors in Parallel - Calculate One Resistor from Other and Total:
FormulaeResistors in series:
RTOTAL = R1 + R2 + R3 + ...
Resistors in parallel:
1 / RTOTAL = (1 / R1) + (1 / R2) + (1 / R3) + ...
See the technical data section for more details.
- All the online calculators and more in a stand-alone application
- Converts Resistor & Inductor colour codes, calculates LED series resistors, capacitance units, series / parallel resistors & capacitors, frequency, reactance & more
- Calculation of nearest preferred resistor values with a choice of 5 series from E12 to E192
- Print & save calculation results