Advice please.

Help & Feedback for Electronics Assistant Software.
Post here if you need help, want to report a bug or have comments or suggestions for future releases.
choy255

Advice please.

Post by choy255 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 am

Firstly hello to all fellow electronic enthusiastics.
OK that's that's that over with now for my problem.

I did an electronic apprenticeship and all went reasonably well, in the respect that I didn't fail. However when I applied for a job I found I was colour blind. Yeah I know what you're thinking, how did you complete the apprenticeship

Obviously my biggest problem is resistors. I know how to read resistor banding but as you can appreciate it's somewhat of a problem.

Is there any way I can address this problem?

Regards C H

piratepaul

Re: Advice please.

Post by piratepaul » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi, I am not colour blind so am not sure what you can and cannot see... may be you see or hear things that the rest of us do not see or hear.
There was something on the radio recently, an experiment in which deaf people (people with poor hearing) where placed in total darkness... they found hearing was greatly improved)

Perhaps if you put yourself in a black and white (or you tell us the colours) room, your colour blindness or partial impairment will improve... may be you will make a fortune at this and never have to work again... In which case ... ... Where is my money?

May be invent something similar to a bar code reader which reads colour... this can be done, red has a diferent binery code to blue etc on this LCD screen... or invent a new code for resistors.

Tar&stuff.

piratepaul

Post by piratepaul » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:36 am

Hi, may be if you stay in a red and blue room for a week, (best at uni) you will see improvement, blue and red are as clear as black and white to me. If you need to see blue and red to find the controls for the blue and red TV you may well learn quick.
The ''intouch'' program on radio 4 may be able to help, they will at least answer your questions, and may well be interested in the results of the experiment.
Tar&stuff.

piratepaul

Post by piratepaul » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:39 am

Should have said may see improvement... aaaaaacccccchm.

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 pm

You might just have to bite the bullet and buy a digital multimeter and use the ohms ranges.

Apple

Post by Apple » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:43 am

You can develop your own scheme for color-blind people or ask someone to develop it for you.