Total newbie looking for a simple answer(I think)

Help & Feedback for Electronics Assistant Software.
Post here if you need help, want to report a bug or have comments or suggestions for future releases.
BigD

Total newbie looking for a simple answer(I think)

Post by BigD » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a simple straight forward answer I think, I think I'm on the right forum for this as I'm not into electronics.
I have a turbex2 engine starter, hi torque 12v. That's all the info I can find. And a manson EP-603 power supply. Are they safe to use together?
I want to use the motor to drive some hobby tools I intend to make. Maybe for drilling, sanding and maybe drive a small circular saw blade if the motor is strong enough. Hope these pics upload and help.
Cheers guys.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (142.17 KiB) Viewed 29011 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (197.42 KiB) Viewed 29011 times

David

Re: Total newbie looking for a simple answer(I think)

Post by David » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:01 pm

I see the Turbex is an "engine starter" which implies that it has quite a high torque, but It does not look as if it is built to turn over car engines. However, if you just connect the motor to the 12V supply you are not going to damage either - the supply is current limited (to 3A or so judging from the current meter on the front). I expect the motor will run off load easily; if it does so then all well and good, provided that your hobby tools do not cause the motor to draw more than 3A. If not, you will have to get a more suitable motor, or run the turbex from a gutsier supply.

BigD

Re: Total newbie looking for a simple answer(I think)

Post by BigD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Cheers, it's a remote control airplane starter.
The plan is to build something like this....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (236.78 KiB) Viewed 28997 times