Paper Shredder ir paper detector

Need help with a project? Trying to find a component? Post any general technical questions here.
spike1947

Paper Shredder ir paper detector

Post by spike1947 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:06 am

Hi
I have a Paper Shredder that ir sensor is not working, changed Caps still no luck, so have given up on that part, the Shredder itself has hardly had much use, the motor works fine ( in reverse ) .
What I am wanting to do is make a small ir proximity paper detector to operate the 24v relay on the main board and disable the original part of the circuit on the main board, there is plenty of room within the Shredder to put another small board in .
Will attach a schematic of the shredder I made just for info as I will not be using that board for the detecting of a sheet of paper.
So really I am trying to find a schematic for such a project ( I don't like stuff going to the the tip ) is there anyone that can give me the info for me to make a schematic for such a thing ! .

Cheers
Spike
Attachments
Amazon Paper Shreader 27.11.20a.jpg

David

Re: Paper Shredder ir paper detector

Post by David » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Why not do a complete service on the board? Other things than just caps can fail, such as switches, diodes, LEDs and so on ...

Or you could see if there are replacement boards available on Ebay?

Take the greatest care with mains electricity. It can be lethal, so switch off when working with 230v!

caren22

Re: Paper Shredder ir paper detector

Post by caren22 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:25 pm

Why not do a complete service on the board? Other things than just caps can fail, such as switches, diodes, LEDs and so on ...

Or you could see if there are replacement boards available on Ebay?

Take the greatest care with mains electricity. It can be lethal, so switch off when working with 230v!
maybe he cannot do that because he does not have access to the switch