Radio Control RF 433

Need help with a project? Trying to find a component? Post any general technical questions here.
Nowatiny

Radio Control RF 433

Post by Nowatiny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:57 pm

I'm trying to sort out a remote ON/OFF button for a LED. My solution was to buy a remote+receiver to complete this function.

I bought - VIPMOON® 14 Key RF Remote Controller, DC 5-24V Mini Wireless RF Remote Dream Color Controller for SMD 5050 2835 WS2811 WS2812B RGB LED Strip Lights(pic.1)

- Ahevo G4 2835 SMD LED 350LM Light Crystal Bulb Lamps 4 Watt AC/DC 12V

- 9V Battery

I have removed the connectors of the receiver. I have RED and BLACK at Supply(Battery) and RED, WHITE, GREEN for Receiver.

So i connect - RED(Battery) with RED(Receiver) and Black(Battery) with Black(Receiver). SUPPLY

- WHITE(LED) with GREEN(Receiver) and BLACK(LED) with RED(Receiver) LED-RECEIVER(pic.2)

Light is on at half intensity. ON/OFF button makes the light to change modes i belive because the light starts blinking in different mods after each press. Other butons makes it blink(like is receiving signal but dosen't do what it sopposed to do). If i join WHITE(Receiver) with GREEN(Receiver) and WHITE(LED) the light intensity goes up and the buttons same things. I can't manage to turn it ON/OFF.

When i connect - RED(Battery) with RED(Receiver) and Black(Battery) with Black(Receiver). SUPPLY

- WHITE(LED) with WHITE(Receiver) and RED(Receiver) with Black(LED). LED-RECEIVER

Light is at high intensity. Whatever i press id dosen't do a thing. If i connect GREEN(Receiver) to RED or WHITE remains at the same intensiry and no response from buttons.

On the back of the Receiver RED is + ; WHITE between G G - ; GREEN D

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? I just want to turn ON/OF the circuit.

Or can someone point me in the right direction to achive this simple function.(Like buying the boards-transmiter-receiver).

Thank you!
Attachments
rsz_2.jpg
1.jpg

David

Re: Radio Control RF 433

Post by David » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:44 am

Hello.

The difficulty I have when looking at your pics is that there is a bit of information overload because I do not know what the items are that you have bought, or indeed, what they are for. Do you have any schematics or manuals? Without them you may be rather up the creek without a paddle.

I am also concerned that connecting leads in a random way may result in damage to the internal components of the devices - have you any meters, scopes or other test equipment that may well be brought into use?

If you can give more details we will see if we can give some help.
Last edited by David on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.