Cursor mode on scope

Need help with a project? Trying to find a component? Post any general technical questions here.
Fractal Cat

Cursor mode on scope

Post by Fractal Cat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Hello

In cursor mode on my scope, is there a way to move the cursor more quickly; it takes quite some time to get to the point of interest.

Seymour.

David

Re: Cursor mode on scope

Post by David » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:21 am

Very difficult to advise when you have supplied so little information. What type of scope? What type of display? What is point of interest? Etc. ...

Fractal Cat

Post by Fractal Cat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello,

Yes, I should have been more explicit.

I have a UNI-T UTD 2052CL 50MHz scope.

When i say points of interest, I mean the beginning and ending of the waveform I want to look at. I can select
these with the cursor but the cursor moves slowly when I'm trying to select them. In the manual it talks of a coarse
and fine control knob but I cannot find it. I want to select these points with the cursor faster than they allow at the moment.

Seymour.

David

Post by David » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for the info. Looking at your scope on Google, it seems to be a very useful device. Do you have a user's manual? That should tell you everything you need to know. The manual may be on the CD, of course.

If need be, dig further with Google. If you still have trouble, I am wondering if a reference to a fine/coarse control was something in a slightly different version of the scope?

Hope this helps.