DC-DC Converter

Need help with a project? Trying to find a component? Post any general technical questions here.
Joe

DC-DC Converter

Post by Joe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:46 am

Hi, I have recently built a dc-dc converter to convert supply voltage from 6V to 32V, the circuit diagram is as below:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (88.04 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
and the circuit on the breadboard is looks like this:
new image - 21tb8.jpg
new image - 21tb8.jpg (63.13 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
My friend has built one with the same circuit diagram, I have double checked with him, both circuit connects exactly the same with same components, he circuit is working perfectly fine, but my circuit has a problem. my output voltage jump to the 42V, slowly drops to 32V, jump up again to 42V, slowly drops and it repeats this process over and over again. I have no idea what is wrong with it.

Here is how my friend circuit looks like:
new image - sc9rk.jpg
new image - sc9rk.jpg (122.47 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
Any help will be appreciate!

Thank you!

David

Re: DC-DC Converter

Post by David » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:55 pm

It sounds to me as if your IC is working only spasmodically - what do you have connected to the output? Does that work using your friend's supply? Not so easy to do fault-finding at a distance, especially since you have checked your layout and connections against a known working one. Perhaps you could swap components one by one between your assembly and your friend's? Does the IC run hot? Do you have an oscilloscope to hand?