Custom Guitar Electronics

Need help with a project? Trying to find a component? Post any general technical questions here.
Pauldf

Re: Custom Guitar Electronics

Post by Pauldf » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Looks great

piratepaul

Post by piratepaul » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Now Jimmy Hendrix is alleged to have been playing with electronics, if you think of a lead acid battery as a fluid filled container and think of fluid filled glasses with a different amount of fluid in each glass, obviously you can play a tune on the glasses. Put the batteries on top of the speakers and there is a voltage ripple at the frequency of the speakers and therefore strings. The batteries power the valve amp and apply positive feedback to the amp, when you play the feed back by moving the guitar in front of the speakers you cannot hit a duff note.
I am not sure if the fluid level makes much difference but the positive feed back is real enough. Not a lot of people know that.

Not sure of the circuit in your guitar but I will have a look when I have more time.

Tar&stuff.

Pauldf

Post by Pauldf » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:19 pm

It was just a small 555 astable timer and a 5s on and 2s off cycle, all it was intended for was to make the tacho go through the startup self check cycle repeatedly.